Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

next mod...remote focusser

shirva

this will hopefully be my next mod in my quest to keep warm doing astronomy .....lol... mod outline ...using a skywatcher electric foccusser I am going to rig this to a remote control system..i found a key fob control for remote operation of a 4x4 winch on ebay...davy

had thought of using my rc plane kit .but want to minimise kit..fed up taking stuff from shed,,setting up.. then scope/ dslr/laptop from house ....so ive just bought eqtooth and set up eqmod brilliant cut down pile of kit out set up ..switch on mount switch on laptop n fire up...do alignment from cdc and eqmod....done vid cam will be linked to a laptop in shed doing capture and if I can sus out remote desktop control from kitchen laptop brilliant...going to use and mod original sw focusser controller and fit a rj socket to remote control mod so I can still control focus speed.i work as a mechanic in a auto electrical workshop so the guys can check my diagrams before building....davy

Archived