Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrozap Light Shroud for 250PX Flextube

Last year I added a home made shroud made out of a camping met. The whole project including sticky back velcro to hold it in place cost about £6. It was pretty effective at keeping the light out. But it was a bit of hassle putting it in place each time. I had cut small holes to loop it over the handles at the top of the OTA and these were starting to split. And it looked a bit untidy.

So I decided to take the plunge and get the official shroud. Ordered it from FLO and it was delivered next working day - good work again guys :D.

It was fitted quicker than I would normally get my camping mat secured. It looks much better, more professional, its neat and it does the job perfectly.

Last weekend I added a cooling fan to the dob and was pleased that the shroud keeps the airflow inside the scope.

I was slightly concerned by comments I had seen on SGL that the shroud now comes with just one support hoop, not two as shown in the images on FLOs site. I asked FLO to confirm that it had two hoops and rest assured it still has two and is very effective at holding the material away from the light path. The material sags a little close to the horizontal but it's not obstructive.

I still think it's a bit over priced but I was a little flush this month :) and I wanted a much more professional look and something that could stay in place and that would stand the test of time. I'm confident this meets all those requirements.

post-8924-0-16621100-1368880144_thumb.jp

I was intrigued with the camping mat shroud that you had made and thought at the time that perhaps if it was gusty then it would still retain its shape. The astrozap shroud is so convenient though and well made if a bit pricey.

Archived