NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New SynScan Software

jcm

I'm really surprised there's no mention on the Yahoo EQ6 users site.....considering the update was released on 16th November.

I was on their (Skywatcher) site on Monday (19th) and I didn't see any mention of the upgrade. Maybe they've spent several days trying to get it up on the site in a working format.

James

UPDATE: I get 'file doesn't exist' messages... :(

I'm really surprised there's no mention on the Yahoo EQ6 users site.....considering the update was released on 16th November.

I was on their (Skywatcher) site on Monday (19th) and I didn't see any mention of the upgrade. Maybe they've spent several days trying to get it up on the site in a working format.

James

UPDATE: I get 'file doesn't exist' messages... :(

Try new short cut:-

http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtinc/customer_support.php?class1=1

John

SynScan Firmware (Ver.03.20) Release Note

Date: Nov. 16, 2007

===============================================================

In this new released firmware, we have improved the planet orbital calculation and fixed the inconsistent in Double Star and Variable Star Catalogs. You may directly update the SynScan firmware from V.3.10 to V.3.20. Please refer to our web site at http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtinc/customer_support.php?class1=1

All the modifications are described as follows,

1. The time zone setting has been changed to more precise in minutes for locations with half hour definition. For example, if you live in a region with -3.5 hours of time zone, the setting will be -03:30, indicating minus three hour and thirty minutes.

2. The planets' orbital calculations have been enhanced based on "Keplerian Elements for Approximate Positions of the Major Planets", published by NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The calculation data are available and reliable from 1800 AD to 2050 AD. Most of the calculation precision will be within one arc min and others such as Jupiter and Saturn will be within a few arc mins.

3. The Identify function has been improved to be able to identify planets.

4. The inconsistency in Double Star and Variable Star database while scrolling the list has been corrected.

5. In the SETUP menu, we add a Factory Setting function under the SETUP menu. You may choose to reset the settings to the default settings. Restarting the mount (switching off the power and turning it back on) is required afterward. Note: All the settings of Longitude, Latitude, time zone, daylight saving, backlash, PEC data, PAE data and previous alignment data will be deleted, except for the user defined object coordinates.

Frequent visit to the Sky-Watcher web site to check for new released firmware is recommended. If you have any suggestion, bug report or support request, please forward it to us at "support@skywatchertelescope.net".

Archived