NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone else just see large slow burn trail low down in NE?

Sp@ce_d

Just happened to look out of our top floor window around 23:50 to see what looked like a very large orange white ( I mean full moon width) trail heading down into NW. Had enough time to get Bino's to look as it disappeared behind clouds & faded.. looked like a massive comet at first as it didn't seem to be moving such that a fireball would. Anyone else see this?

I'm wondering if this was some optical illusion now, it was to the right of Caster. Now the moon would be just below the horizon there at that time. Maybe I've seen some type of reflection looking through the murk with clouds moving in front & it's given the impression of a very comet like V shape. It was certainly as wide as the Moon & didn't appear to move, just fade out as clouds rolled in front. I should have grabbed the camera instead of the bino's..

Archived