NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eqmod with eqtooth

shirva

I have been using EQtooth with my HEQ6 for about 2 years now, works great one less wire between mount and laptop. I also use it with Skysafari on my android phone and ipad using wifiscope loaded on the laptop. Wifi link between phone/ pad and laptop then Bluetooth from laptop to mount. I find it easier using Skysafari on the pad than using the mount handset or sitting over the laptop using Stellarium. I have been reading your video mod posts with interest, I've just done the filter removal so far might try the cooling fan next.

Thanks for heads up no a lit on this mod.great you've had it working a while...the camera mod has stalled a bit not being able to test it out..been having bother focussing with a ed80 and weather killed me testing on 8" reflector. Definitely going to introduce the Peltier to it....Davy

Got the eqtooth fired up on laptop. ..few probs..the dongle would note sync when pairing tried another Bluetooth adapter and bingo change a few settings and set up in eqmod and Cartes de ciel....what can I say....brilliant what a bit of kit I'm chuffed to bits ...this has got to best upgrade to my kit....I'm totally loved up...this is a must buy/ set up for your scope talk about a kid wae new toy ....55 pounds off ebay get the wallets out this is brilliant. .......Davy

......or If you have basic soldering skills you can save yourself a few quid and build an EQDirect-BT yourself for around a tenner! - instructions are on the EQMOD Project website (also the Australian IceInSpace site has several threads on this).

Chris.

Archived