Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I run Stellarium on an 8 yr old laptop. Core2Duo processor and 2 Gb of RAM. On board graphics. I dont have to tone down anything and it happily runs alongside PHD, APT, ASCOM and IE etc. CDC however does come up slightly sluggish at times. Not sure why.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent the past 2 nights trying to get Stellarium (0.12.1) to talk to my scope via a Bluetooth adapter ..... with no real success :huh:

I have it working with CDC and also downloaded StarCalc 5.73 - both of these can connect and drive the mount, so I know the adapter is working and my ASCOM/EQMOD are working (ASCOM Diagnostics passes all tests), so it must be something I have set wrong in Stellarium / Stellarium Scope.

Stellarium doesn't see any active devices and after configuring a new scope, it doesn't connect. Stellarium Scope Diagnostics says the config looks OK, it says: ' Scope: connected' but the Slew and Sync controls say Disabled even though the check boxes for 'disabled' are not ticked.

As I can use CDC it's not the end of the world, but I'd like to use Stellarium if possible!

** StarCalc 5.73 (http://homes.relex.ru/~zalex/main.htm) certainly isn't the best looking and the UI isn't great .... but it is free and seems very light on resources if it needs to be run on a lower spec PC (763kb download). It also seems to connect without any problems (even for me)!

Archived