Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 LRGB - finally

fwm891

After a disastrous upload on the last attempt, (even this doesn't match my screen).

Luminance - approx 2 hrs in various sub lengths, RG&B 50 mins per channel. Combined and tweaked in PS

post-14748-0-91657300-1368012739_thumb.j

M101 is tough.. I've got 3 hours of just L on my 12"f5 and if I'm honest.. I need a lot more, plus the RGB.

did you mange to get flats?

Derek

Hi Derek, Not that you would think it but yes there are 40 flat frames for that image. What gets me is that the images I've been posting lately look nothing like either of my monitor images (that's a Mac and PC) whether they are jpg's or png's...

There are no gradients showing on my monitor and moving the info tool across the image the variation in readings is minimal - I expect some variation but the almost rainbow background on the above makes me wonder what the hell is wrong - me or the upload?

I was fighting horrible screen calibrations until a week ago. then I got a 'spyder4' screen calibrator for my birthday, now my images are consistant and I can see the difference between my images and the really good ones.

it's amazing just how poor my laptop screen is (65% sRGB).. horrible nasty piece of junk.

I'll be looking for something closer to 100% NTSC when I get a free standing monitor.

Derek

Hi Derek,

I guess good calibration software will have to be a near future purchase rather than the standard windows routine.

Last try worked at 16 bit and saved png...

post-14748-0-38577400-1368206707_thumb.p

It's still giving me a gradient - give up!

In my last effort I used the background removal routine twice, once before curves&level and then again after, that got me much futher.

Derek

I had a change from galaxies last night and did a NB run on the Crescent Nebula. Well Ha and OIII anyway - I tried SII but if there is any at all it would take very long exposures to capture it so I did just Ha and OIII. I'll be processing the data and posting the results later.

I tried SII but if there is any at all it would take very long exposures to capture it so I did just Ha and OIII. I'll be processing the data and posting the results later.

Good luck with that Gina.

Archived