Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone know the website that....

The_PSY3NTIST

Don't get too disappointed if the views through your scope don't match those simulators. They are useful for working out how much sky a given scope / eyepiece combination will show but the actual views of a number of the objects, especially the deep sky objects, seem rather optimistic to me.

I agree with John, especially since all those sites (and the free Stellarium, too) show color objects that are still sharp in the smallest of telescopes ;-)

The site I posted does at least try to simulate the brightness when using too high or too low magnifications, but offers only a fragment of the objects (quick and easy to calculate a few eyepieces though).

Thanks guys. I went through the minor disappointment in 2009 :p Was mainly looking for a rough FOV through my evostar on some DSO's. I'll check that link out that you posted Schorhr. I have only ever used the 12strings one.

Also Stellarium is real nice as you can not only preview what you may see on the field, but also try star-hopping and finding stuff via telrad in real-time;

Plus you can not only enter your own telescope and eyepieces, but also eyepieces you may or may not want to buy :-)

Sorry if I bore you with that, you probably know Stellarium already; I just used it yesterday before heading out, it can hardly be mentioned too many times ;-)

I have used stellarium in the past but did not know you could enter telescopes into it :) I've been out of astronomy for about a year so just trying to get back into it. Got myself a little shed at the new house that the gaffa says I can convert into a warm room ;p Time to blow the dust off the scopes :)

Archived