NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempts at Saturn

From two avi's taken last night. Both c.3 minutes long. Processed in PIPP selecting the best 1200 frames. One, the lighter, has been processed in AutoSakkert and then wavelets applied in RegiStax 6. The second was processed in RegiStax only.

post-26939-136753609189_thumb.jpg

post-26939-136753610693_thumb.jpg

Well, they might be small, but it's perfectly clear what they are. There's detail on the planet and I can just make out the Cassini Division too, so well done.

James

Much better than my efforts tonight , just shot and deleted about 40Gb without bothering to stack any . . . :embarassed:

Oh dear. that's not good. Seeing not up to it over your way tonight? Just got in myself. I've not even looked how much data I've collected this evening but I do know I've gone a bit mad, thanks to the forecast for the usual bank holiday weather starting tomorrow. I could easily have over 60GB of captures to process tomorrow. First priority is a solar shot though, if there's still any clear sky.

James

Archived