Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 + RA/DEC motors scope not moving?

Steep

I can't get my head round this at all, had the mount delivered today with motors pre fitted and got it set up and connected fine.

Now for the bit I need help with, using the hand controller on 32 speed I can see the gears turning as they should but the scope doesn't move. If I disconnect the motor and turn the gear by hand the scope moves fine, reconnect it and nothing! The only difference I can see is me turning the gear or the motor turning it. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Turns out I was missing something :) The brass gear was turning but it isn't connected to anything except by friction. When I took the clutch/locking ring? off to check I found that out. Refitted the clutch more tightly and it's moving the scope now.

I think I'm jinxed today, I had just got everything working as it should and the hand controller has gone faulty. One channel works but the other does nothing any more, I've fired an email off to TS to see if they can suggest anything.

Archived