NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Braintree, uk

Jaykay495

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update - having purchased some decent binos, i decided to invest in some reading material in the form of turn left at orion. Very informative any easy to grasp.

Also am now the proud owner of a used skywatcher 150p on eq 3-2. Had been looking at goto's, but glad i didnt as it'll make me learn the ropes, and i think optically i'm in a good position. I obviously now know how to locate polaris, and having setup the scope and got everything balanced, had a great night of viewing last night.

Jupiter and its moons were easy to find, and the motorised tracking kept everything in check. Impressed.

Saturn was next. Even with a 10mm and 2x barlow, it was a joy to see it for myself for the first time. Might have to look at an upgrade on the eyepiece, as i'd like to get a bit closer view if i can.

Had the schoolboy error of accidentally switching the tracking to southern hemisphere, and wondering why saturn kept racing out of view. Hmmmm.

I then tried to locate a galaxy to view, but it was at that point that my enthusiasm exceeded my abilitiy. Need to get my head back in the book/s, so i can walk myself in.

So far, absolutely loving it :)

Archived