Hello from Bristol

ElTanko

Hello one and all,

quick intro:

My names Mark, from Bristol U.K, relative newbie to astronomy, little over a year. I have some 15x70 Celestron bins, sadly not enough room for a telescope (yet) though that is the dream. Started off randomly scanning around, but now take a more serious approach, learning the constellations (so far about half of then viewable in northern hemisphere).

recently started subscription with a few magazines to learn more, which have been very helpful.

one question: can anyone tell me of a book that shows/describes what I can see in each constellation. The sky at night magazine has just started a section for bins for just this, but I crave more!! Help appreciated.

Mark

Welcome...

I have just received a copy of 'Turn Left at Orion'; works well on several levels, large dob, medium refractor and bins, with objects rated for each and how to find them. Though I guess it was aimed at beginners it is a very well produced book for middle and experienced folk. I am using it to plan viewing list. The illustrations are good and give a reasonable idea of what you should be looking for.

We do not have any decent bookshops in WA so I had to order mine through Amazon.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the welcome and the suggestions. Had a good session last night using 'the practical astronomer' and the binocular sky site and found 3 new clusters in Auriga, happy days!!

Archived