Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW Auto focuser

Hello all SGL members...Hope u are all enjoying the clear skies we are having.

Anyhow.....To reduce wobble on my SW 150pl on an EQ3-2 mount, I was thinking of getting a battery operated AUTO-FOCUSER. Can anybody tell me if there is one especially for the above scope, or is the SW version compatible on all SW newts? I believe it's just a case of removing one of the winding knobs and fitting the device to the shaft? Please enlighten me if i'm wrong!

Thanks all

Gary

Skywatcher 150PL f8= 150/1200

eq3-2 mount

Yep, the one you see advertised is the one you need. I'm not sure what scopes it wont fit on but it certainly does on the PL and many others.

And yep again, you remove generally the right knob to fit the auto focuser to the shaft but you also have to unscrew the 4 screws on the side of the focuser and remove that plate to fit mounting brackets. You need some longer screws but that all comes supplied with it.

Another thing is the instructions say you need to unscrew a hex screw to remove the knob but not all models have that screw in place, mine didn't so basically just hold one side in place and give the other a good twist and it should give.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Also an owner of this scope, this is an accessory I have been contemplating buying, I was abit concerned about focusing as I find it extremely difficult to find the ep's sweet spot while so much vibration occurs.

Be interested to find out how other 150pl owners cope ?

George

gary i have the skywatcher auto focuser on my 200p ,it really is easy to fit, there are a few videos on youtube , i just paused one showing the fitting and did it by what it should look like rather than read the instructions it was much easier. makes a big difference to wobble as well..

Archived