Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible Upgrade ideas

Hi All

Im looking into getting an EQ mount but, id like to know some possible ideas for upgrading my scope, i have a 127mm (5") f/1500 Maksutov Cassegrain at the moment. Just wondering what other peoples opinions are on other scopes im open to anything really different makes different types. would like it to be bigger then 5 inch, and also bring new objects to view.

Regards

Chris

certainly looks nice :) might just be out of budget though depending on if i get the new job i want ive added it to my favorites but certainly looks the part some of the reviews ive read are raving about it so ill certainly look into this :) thanks!

Regards

Chris

8" aperture. Cheapest option is the Skywatcher Explorer 200P. It's an excellent scope, even used by professional astro-photographers and advanced amateur astronomers.

That looks rely nice and very different to what i have now i really like that, if its as good as you say ill looking to it, can get it for £258 at the shop i use so very good price have you used one your self?

That looks rely nice and very different to what i have now i really like that, if its as good as you say ill looking to it, can get it for £258 at the shop i use so very good price have you used one your self?

Yep, it is my biggest scope. In fact, my first scope and still love it. Upgrading from a 127mm to a 200mm will make a massive difference. I know for sure that the 200p gathers about 60% more light than a 150mm for instance.

As for buying one, I'd advise that you shop around as I am sure you'll save few pennies. Have a look at Opticstar or FLO...they have good deals.

If you're intending to splash it out, you may wnt to go for the whole package < scope and EQ5 mount ) for about £400. Also, you may find a second hand one cheaper.

Happy to answer further questions. Also, many guys hete have the same exact scope and can express their opinions.

Yep, it is my biggest scope. In fact, my first scope and still love it. Upgrading from a 127mm to a 200mm will make a massive difference. I know for sure that the 200p gathers about 60% more light than a 150mm for instance.

As for buying one, I'd advise that you shop around as I am sure you'll save few pennies. Have a look at Opticstar or FLO...they have good deals.

If you're intending to splash it out, you may wnt to go for the whole package < scope and EQ5 mount ) for about £400. Also, you may find a second hand one cheaper.

Happy to answer further questions. Also, many guys hete have the same exact scope and can express their opinions.

im actually in the middle of saving money for a EQ mount was looking at EQ3 GOTO but moving towards a EQ5 as i only use the GOTO i have now on a couple of things seems like it could be a bit of a waste, the EQ3 ive seen is £399 with GOTO where as an EQ5 without GOTO is £250 im going to go to the shop i use and talk t the people face to face understand things abit better before i commit to buying anything i can also get some info on the telescope aswell check it out and things, just one more thing, is it a good all rounder? whats it like on galaxy and nebula? i know it mostly comes down to the quality of sky you have just wondering how they turn out when looking at them

Regards

Chris

If it can do great planetary, which it does, it is pretty good with deep sky objects. If you live in a light polluted area I'd recommend an LP filter. Are you planning on moving on to astro photography? If so, a sturdier accurate EQ5 with motor drive is the absolute minimum. If mainly visual, then EQ3 will do just fine.

If it can do great planetary, which it does, it is pretty good with deep sky objects. If you live in a light polluted area I'd recommend an LP filter. Are you planning on moving on to astro photography? If so, a sturdier accurate EQ5 with motor drive is the absolute minimum. If mainly visual, then EQ3 will do just fine.

im actually already doing astophotgraphy with what i have now only done the moon and orions nebula, thats why im looking into EQ mounts ive got decent end products of the orion benula nothing amazing though thats due to my mount i think and the light pollution isnt huge but i think it makes a difference

Archived