Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binoculars help please ..

Hi

I am thinking about buying a pair of binoculars for learning the night sky, I have recently bought a SW Explorer 150PL telescope and had the idea of using the scope at home during the week and as we go to our caravan most w/ends, taking the scope with us. ( great skies when clear - low light pollution)

Last w/end I took the scope ( it was a squeeze in the car but it fit ) with a wife, 2 kids and a dog in the car I think I am being alittle naive thinking it will traval with us every week.

Possible solution ......... binoculars ........ I did read before buying the scope that they are the perfect tool to learn the night sky.

Could any of you good folk on here recommend a good cheap pair (bearing in mind I just spent most of my funds on the scope) maybe around the £50 mark.

Any comments/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

George

I use a pair of Celestron Skymaster 25x70's and they have been fine.

They took a hard knock once and they ended up giving 'double vision' but this was very easily rectified ..... so I know they can survive a bit of rough treatment.

Depending on how secure your caravan is have you considered using bins at home and keeping the scope at the caravan (at least during the season) - that way you'll get the most from the dark skies. (Fully appreciate the issue of how safe your scope would be when you are not there)

Hello I am looking for some bins, no more than £1400 a loved and looked after 2nd hand set. Can you fit big bins, onto a camera tripod? There seem to be a few out there at 25 x 100 is that the normal side for long-range terrestrial and astronomical observations.? Advice please

Archived