Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New to Registax

OK, this is totally new to me so forgive me if I am doing something blatantly wrong. I have managed a recording and I am trying to load it into the programme but with no success. When I click on select and choose the image in question it tells me 'file cannot be loaded', I have also tried to drag and drop but no luck either with the message 'used file format not available for dragdrop format'. I am not expecting to start all the processing etc, but I would like to have a play . Thanks for your help.

If Registax doesn't recognise the video format then it might be worth running your video through PIPP first. Failing that, perhaps VirtualDub can turn it into a usable format. Do you know what codec you used at the time?

James

OK, this is totally new to me so forgive me if I am doing something blatantly wrong. I have managed a recording and I am trying to load it into the programme but with no success. When I click on select and choose the image in question it tells me 'file cannot be loaded', I have also tried to drag and drop but no luck either with the message 'used file format not available for dragdrop format'. I am not expecting to start all the processing etc, but I would like to have a play . Thanks for your help.

"Movie" files should be in AVI format. So you may need to convert your file. I think a bit more detail is required to understand what you are trying to do.

Thanks for all the quick replies, I am using registax 6 with an XBOX 360 Live cam with Debut video capture software, the format is in AVI, I have just tried a snapshot in JPG and it likes this and lets me use it?, not sure yet what to do with it ! , but I am getting somewhere, just need to get to grips with the movie side. thanks again

You may well be better off using SharpCap for the capture. AVI is the container format, but inside the video will be encoded in some video format. It's the latter that Registax probably doesn't like. PIPP or VirtualDub may well sort that out for you. Ideally you want a codec such as YUY2.

James

Thanks James, downloaded Sharpcap changed the Codec to YUY2 it likes it :laugh: , now what do I do :eek:, I will have to find an easy tutorial somewhere, or can someone give me some very first basic steps on how this works. Thanks again

Archived