NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

adding more data to existing

I have searched google but nothing found thats precise, i was wondering how i add data to subs already collected ?

Do i stack what i have ie 30 of M81 last night then stack what i get tonight (if any) then combine these 2 images or is it best to stack all the subs in one go.

Thanks for any help you can give

Probably best to do a restack from scratch provided you have the same flats in operation. In my way of working that would nearly always be the case unless I were adding new data to an image from a long time ago.

If you don't have the same flats then you could make a new set of uncombined but calibrated lights (using the right flats as appropriate) and then stack those.

Since I often work in collaboration with other imagers or add data to much older pictures I end up stacking the stacks and this does seem to work well also.

Olly

Excellent Olly thank you, didnt really think too much about it until last night, mount was tracking great after a reset & i managed 30 mins M82 & 45 mins M81, not much i know but its something & stars looked pretty round, got my guiding parts coming this week so another thing to learn.

Thanks Freddie, i was pretty made up getting 90 sec subs with pretty good stars last night, then i saw m81 & m82 appear on my screen im sure neighbours heard me shout wow! :-).

Think i got setup balanced just right & resetting the mount may or may not have improved things bug i am so looking forward to trying guiding now, HutecAstro usb was dropped off today jyst waiting on finder guider adaptef.

Thanks guys for your help.

Archived