NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally managed to see the latest comet. The sky was looking reasonably good when I went to the Chinese restaurant with my girlfriend. When we left, the sky was still looking good. Went home, grabbed the Bins and the tripod and headed to a spot of high ground about 15 minutes walk from home. Found Andromeda reasonably quickly, but no sign of the comet. Moved the bins down and there it was! Certainly not spectacular, but definitely a comet. Will try again for a better view, but it has been seen. Incidentally, the girlfriends first comet. She was suitably impressed if a little cold. Home now for refreshments and rather happy.

Dave.

For a very spur of the moment viewing opportunity I'm rather pleased!! I've spent weeks looking at the weather and horizon only to be thwarted and disappointed in equal measure!! I'm hoping I can get a better view as and when the weather looks kindly upon me.

Dave.

It's not as bright as when I first saw it, last night there were very clear sky's

here, which gave me a good view, just up from Panstarrs was a very clear view

of the Great Nebula of Andromeda hopefully tonight both should be in FOV.

Clear Sky's

I've spent weeks looking at the weather and horizon only to be thwarted and disappointed in equal measure!! I'm hoping I can get a better view as and when the weather looks kindly upon me.

Exactly the same here ... I too have been totally thwarted by the weather up until last night. Last night I got my first glimpse of Panstarrs and I'm so pleased to have finally seen it. :grin:

Archived