Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Persitence pays off

earth titan

Not so much an observing report, as a bloomin hoorah!

Set the kit up first thing in the morning and popped a solar filter on the 80mm frac - then waited! As I was working from home I was able to leave the kit set up and tracking, which resulted in picking up a few nice clear sunspots when clouds parted. Have to say, there was only one obvious one - less than the last session, but still nice. A mate of mine popped round for a coffee while observing, so I got to show someone else a star up close and personal.

With the same set up (C9.25 mounted in tandem), I then managed to catch Saturn in the gaps in the clouds late in the evening. Very low in the sky (just over the roof tops) so very wobbly, but managed to just about make out the Cassini divison.

So there you go!

Even with the fickle conditions at the moment, it's worth persisting!

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

was up at midnight last night to try the new mak 127 on saturn and the cloud came cloud ah well up and out at midnight tonight then :grin: hopefully saturn and no cloud we shall see as you say persistance

Archived