Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Everything is crossed

Stargazer_00

I do not really see why, it is still an easy binocular target, and will be for quite a while yet

Not with the weather here! And that was my point, with some intended humour, that the way it's going I'm already writing off ISON!

In all honesty I'm not expecting to get my first view of Panstarrs until I'm back at my Arctic dark sky site in rural Cumbria at the weekend.

Not with the weather here! And that was my point, with some intended humour, that the way it's going I'm already writing off ISON!

In all honesty I'm not expecting to get my first view of Panstarrs until I'm back at my Arctic dark sky site in rural Cumbria at the weekend.

It has been dismal here for a long time (no more than a single session per month since September), but suddenly in March the skies have cleared. I hope yours clear a.s.a.p.

Best of luck

Michael

It has been dismal here for a long time (no more than a single session per month since September), but suddenly in March the skies have cleared. I hope yours clear a.s.a.p.

Best of luck

Michael

I envy you. It has been total cloud cover here for months. Barely manage 1 session per month. I haven't seen the sun for ages.

This afternoon's weather forecast says the sky may clear tonight, but it didn't. Thick solid cloud cover as far as I can see, and yet the current weather forecast says it's patchy.

There may be a silver lining.

Initially the forecasts were looking at yet another cloudy week with the risk of another serious snow even towards weekend. That has since eased a bit.

The snow risk is receding and the cloud may become more broken as the week progresses.

Perhaps those on the lee of high ground or over on the west coast will have best chance of a break.

I now have a wonderful clear view to the north and west from my caravan decking oop north since some poor old trees had an appointment with a chain saw (sad I know :( )

It would be great to get so clear skies over Easter :)

Archived