Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monopod convert

neilm

Thanks to the ever helpful posts from Tetenterre I thought I’d give a monopod a try and went for a Giottos MML3270B. What a great piece of kit, very well built and extremely sturdy, pretty much on par, if not better, with my Manfrotto tripod. Load capacity of 12kg, extends to a height of 167cm which means that when extended I can put the tripod foot a few feet in front of me and get higher angles within putting extra strain on the trigger head.

As for the trigger head I went for an Olivon due to the good reviews that I found on the net, plus it’s rated for 6kg.

I’ve tested this set up with my Quantum 4’s and it’s all very stable and usable, it’s not suitable for my Apollo 15x85 as they’re far too heavy, just waiting for FLO to get some Apollo 15x70 in......

Cheers

Neil

I just bought one as well, with the trigger grip ballhead and it's great.

Messing about with tripods had put me off large, straight thru bins but this makes it much more user friendly and the portability is great.

I was wondering about 22x85s on a monopod but are they way too heavy ?

Cheers

Archived