NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Stockport

Jon Byrne

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jon

Welcome to SGL. If you want other societies to visit you would be welcome at Salford www.salfordastro.org.uk, also Heaton Park Astronomy Group www.hpastro.co.uk (although we've just had our last meeting there until the autumn). Also worth a visit to the Astronomy Centre at Todmorden on Saturday evenings if you want to have a look through large scopes under pretty dark skies www.astronomycentre.org.uk

Pete

Again thank you all for the warm welcome. I will be taking my time in planning my Scope, it will probably be cheap and smallish due to cash and storage restraints but I am not planning to get it until my birthday in September so I have plenty of time to read reviews and obtain advice.

I will take a look a look at the books that Damnut suggested, I already use Stellerium and have done for quite a few years and I agree it is great.

In the mean time I have my 10x50 binoculars for observing and RTL Dongle to do some meteor detection with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived