Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick session 19March2013

andyboy1970

Tuesday 19March2013

I arrived at 9-10pm and setup my EQ2 with Canon 1000d attached to take some widefield shots.

The sky was 50/50 with cloud drifting over the southern half of the sky and clear to the north.

Simon arrived shortly afterwards and was unsure whether to setup or not.

At one point it was noted that it was clearing and the clouds had reversed direction.

Dave turned up after a 20 mile diversion as the A14 junction had been closed by this time.

With the sky looking much better Simon setup and pointed his scope at Jupiter which at low altitude was very unsteady, the equatorial bands were visible as was Ganymede just have come out of eclipse.

The Moon was the next target and with the slight haze dimming the view nicely to allow prolonged viewing. VALLIS ALPES was showing itself off to great effect with the angle of illumination revealing detail in the Alps and the deep rille running through the area.

I had a quick scan with my 20x80 bino’s, spotted M65 & M66 just and the double cluster.

The clouds eventually took hold and it was total cover when we gave in at about 11-10pm.

Archived