Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recommend me a refractor for imaging.

emadmoussa

A couple images taken from my back garden using this scope on an NEQ6 with guiding and a modded DSLR.

A bit noisy (they both need more data) as the weather continues to conspire against me.

These are low res versions of the final images and suffer for that.

post-6511-0-62870500-1363102778_thumb.jp

post-6511-0-53101600-1363102807_thumb.jp

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple images taken from my back garden using this scope on an NEQ6 with guiding and a modded DSLR.

A bit noisy (they both need more data) as the weather continues to conspire against me.

These are low res versions of the final images and suffer for that.

post-6511-0-62870500-1363102778_thumb.jp

post-6511-0-53101600-1363102807_thumb.jp

These are brilliant photos, mate. What kind of rings do you have for this scope? Do you have any photos of the set-up? Cheers!

These are brilliant photos, mate. What kind of rings do you have for this scope? Do you have any photos of the set-up? Cheers!

No rings.

Because it is the Revelation / Equinox scope, it has a bracket underneath which is dual purpose. It can be fitted to a camera tripod or it is the right size and shape to allow it to fit in a vixen mount dovetail. Simple and effective.

No rings.

Because it is the Revelation / Equinox scope, it has a bracket underneath which is dual purpose. It can be fitted to a camera tripod or it is the right size and shape to allow it to fit in a vixen mount dovetail. Simple and effective.

In this case piggy-backing the ST80 on top of it won't be much of an easy task...

No rings.

The Equinox i've purchased is coming with rings. Quite beefy ones by the look of them too. Not sure of the make though.

If you want to do both planetary and DSOs, get two scopes. You'll just compromise either way, DSOs you need short focal length with accurate guiding, long focal length is a nightmare to guide and you need plenty of resolution. Plenty of resolution means aperture, which means a hefty mount.

SCT for Planetary

Small Apo for DSOs

HTH

If you want to do both planetary and DSOs, get two scopes. You'll just compromise either way, DSOs you need short focal length with accurate guiding, long focal length is a nightmare to guide and you need plenty of resolution. Plenty of resolution means aperture, which means a hefty mount.

SCT for Planetary

Small Apo for DSOs

HTH

Agreed. Hence my set up (see above)

Archived