Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lidl Meade/Bresser Bins

Someone said they were available early summer but i'm pretty sure i bought mine just before Christmas. In fact i bought 4 pairs and we handed them out as Christmas presents. That was a few years back. It could be they run it twice a year, so keep an eye out on their website. :D

Russ

I don't know when Lidl will have the Meade/Bresser 10x50 binoculars in store again, but when they do, if you buy a pair (or pairs!) make sure you check that the focussing wheel is smooth but quite firm to turn. They are a great buy at £10 and I bought two pairs, (one for myself and one pair as a present) the last time they were in. However, I found one pair to have such a smooth and easy focusing mechanism, that whenever I left them standing upright (Objective lens end down) for even a few minutes, the weight of the eyepieces and focusing bar would pull them out of focus. Every time I came to use them I would have to adjust the focus. I couldn't find how to tighten up the focusing wheel, so I overcame the slackness by spraying a puff of talcum powder into the inner side of the focusing wheel mechanism (running the wheel in and out of focus a few times to spread the talk!). That seemed to give the focusing mechanism just enough friction to hold the binoculars in focus.

Just a small point of criticism in what otherwise are indeed a good glass for the price.

Regards,

philsail1

I bought many (about seven). I had to collimate some of them and one of them I will have to return because the screw that holds the eyepieces down on the shaft has lost its threads completely.

how do you collimate bins????? :D

I have a pair of THEM 10X50s and they are out.

Archived