Telementor 2 ep holder 0.965"

I have now fixed my ep holder, this was achieved by sacrificing a 1.25" TAL solar filter (these are usually thrown away as they are dangerous).

The first photo shows the waste portion of the filter where I cut it just above where the threads commenced, this bit is now junk.

After filing the remaining bit smooth and Aralditing it to the ep holder I gave it a couple of coats of gloss paint and it now works great.

Finished ep holder and waste filter portion.

post-13264-0-52392700-1363034108_thumb.j

Finished ep holder with ep inserted.

post-13264-0-86035400-1363034122_thumb.j

The parts to convert over to a 1.25" ep scope have arrived.

Now I can use a diagonal as well but this involves removing the ep extension tube.

This now provides a much more comfortable way of viewing objects near the zenith.

I'm also toying with fitting a RDF but I think this may ruin the classic lines of this scope. I'm finding the original gun sight is a real pain to use, especially wearing glasses.

Original configuration

post-13264-0-77837300-1363264190_thumb.j

Revised configuration

post-13264-0-59095500-1363264187_thumb.j

Nice one Brian.

I have also adapted a standard Vixen style dovetail to replace the Telementor one. l want to use it on my Skytee 2, which l prefer, as the Carl Zeiss mount is well made but a bit quirky for my liking.

Just finished the ota box, well pleased with the result.

Tried to give it that 70's look by staining the plywood and adding a couple of coats of satin varnish.

The area to the right is for holding the original extension tube and ep's.

post-13264-0-87194700-1363855091_thumb.j

Sorry phone won't let me quote.

Morninboy re finder and ruining the lines, I'm sure you have but just in case, have you looked for a telemator finder, prob like rocking horse doo doo but keeps it all nice and Zeiss.

Archived