NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Better luck with Sharpcap(?)

Hi all:

With my DBK21 it seems that I have had somewhat better luck at capturing planets, rather than with the software program that came with the camera. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced the same?

Thanks

Cheers

roger

IC Capture works fine for me and I think gives better control as for example you can set exposure knowing the actual length rather than just on a slider. Rae, I think Roger was refering to capture rather than processing.

Sorry, meant AMCap (which comes with the NexImage camera). Its not the best camera in the world anyway but I was surprised when I used both programs to take .avi vids of Jupiter on the same night and found that the SharpCap software gave me a much more colourful image than AMCap - and that was just the raw files, before I tried to do any processing.

Once I'd processed them (both in Registax), I found that the SharpCap image was still slighter superior - less tweaking needed too!

Archived