Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

T thread ep

Baader Hyperion do some fixed focal length modular eyepieces which have T threads built in, and also an 8-24mm zoom eyepiece with the thread also. They are expensive but are a high quality brand. Do a quick search on FLO and you'll find them.

I personally use a Skywatcher 8-24mm zoom which has a T thread built in underneath the removeable rubber eyepiece. Not as high quality as Baader I imagine, but still very good indeed and was a LOT less pricey. There may well be others, but I think this list will suffice really for most of what you are likely to need I should think.

As long as your Canon T ring is a T42 .75 thread it will fit all these standard T threads.

HTH :)

Oh Hi Steep :) Didn't know it needed a stepping ring - cheers for that.

Chris, taking just my own SW 8-24mm zoom into account, my Pentax Kx attaches directly to it with my T42 threaded mount. The EP then of course just fits into the focuser as usual. It will focus correctly, it just means that where the EP would focus with your eye next to it, the sensor is an inch or so further away so the focal plane alters, so the focuser just racks a bit further out (or in I can't quite recall) to allow the camera to come into focus nicely.

The main reason I bought this was because I could not do prime focus astrophotography with the scope I had at the time, but now I've upgraded I can do both. I also have a light pollution filter in the zoom eyepiece which does a decent job of cutting back on LP a bit when afocal imaging.

HTH :)

Pentax XW's as well as the mentioned Hyperions, you need a steady mount and no air movement, shortish exposure time, if you have a Cannon and liveview focusing is easy and take the image with liveview open saves the shutter vibration, its also handy if you have a Coma Corrector..... this is Mizar/Alcor and the double refraction is Mizar B, take a peek in Stellarium zoom right in.....srri no image info, i suspect the Pentax 10mm through my 250PDS

Mizar-alcor.jpg

Ill look into all you have said, I've normally I just screwed the t ring onto my Barlow and the camer onto the t ring, if I do take pictures down the ep will I get closer to the object? I've noticed that the pictures I'm taking without the ep they seem further away I'd love close ups of the moon etc but ill look into those ep said in the first response :) I'm pretty new to it all only been going since Christmas

regards

chris

Archived