Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I have tried this double a good number of times but always with my LX 12 inch, after tonight I wonder if this scope is the best choice out of the ones I have, I think not. Now I have never had any luck on this one but I am going to give it a good going over this year and I want to crack it. I am asking as many double star fans to join in and have a go with me, I know it is better placed for me but I still hope many of you you at least have a look at the red scintillating star low down in the south that looks something like Mars . I believe that is what it's name means, rival of Mars.

Good luck,

Alan.

I'd have to demolish a few of my neighbors houses to see it from my back garden Alan :smiley:

I might have a peek at it at the SGL star party as that has a much better S horizon than I have.

John,

I can send you a 10 pound hammer by courier if you don't have one. I have never been to SGL Party but that is I am sure from a dark site and I am sure it will make a good one for the whole group to have on a todo list if one or two are interested.

Wish I was there with you all and I wish for good clear skies, I have had 6 on the bounce now and tonight looks like a good one too.

Alan.

Archived