Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A-Focal photography?

I'd like to try some a-focal photography and recently read a post that raised my eyebrows. What I read and exactly what I'm after is a ring of some sort that fits over stnd 1.25 " EP's (once the rubber eyeguard is taken off) and has a stnd thread so that you can couple it to a T-mount and the DSLR. It just sounds like a lot less bother than the other system of trying to figure oiut how far up or down the tube you need to be.

Has anyone any ideas as to what I'm ranting about and how and where I might find something like this - ARE they any good - Feedback would be appreciated.

Karlo

This eyepiece projection malarky is a different thing again Karlo. Afocal is where you leave the lens on the camera and aim it down the eyepiece. The kit you describe gave a lot of magnification, even from a 25mm eyepiece, when i tried it.

My documented play is here http://www.gas.uk.net/eyeproj/index.htm complete with Rubbish pictures.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Right, so you can't hook up the camera body to the adapter ring directly and then focus on the image in the EP? That's a shame, cos the views 'd be terrific!

Yet again I'm in your debt.

PS I'll be down in Brighouse a few times this week, unless it's a problem I might pop in .

Karlo

This may not be required any more but the attachment you were asking about is called the Digi-T.

I use them to attach my fixed lens camera to an eyepiece of whatever focal length I wish.

I believe that the adapter is also known as the Adap-T dependent on who makes it but it is the same thing.

I think it works ok, better with a smaller lens as you get less vinetting and I find it is better on planetary stuff that DSO but it is a decent way to enter the hobby of astrophotography.

Archived