Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Rosette Nebula from last night.

kingboya

Taken with the Ed80 and other equipment from my signature, through some misty spells so not ideal conditions by any means.

21 frames of 300 seconds using the modded canon 1000D guided.

Stacked in DSS and processed in CS3. This is the first time I have had a go with star masks, so please tell me what you think and ways to improve. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

post-19531-136233432925_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Looks very nice! What stacking parameters did you use in DSS?

Thanks

I stacked all lights because I went through all of my subs with a fine tooth comb. What parameters are you referring to?

Thanks

I stacked all lights because I went through all of my subs with a fine tooth comb. What parameters are you referring to?

The stacking method e.g average, median, kappa sigma etc... And also for RGb did you use per channel?

The stacking method e.g average, median, kappa sigma etc... And also for RGb did you use per channel?

Honestly, I simply use the default settings, whatever they are. I didn't knowingly use RGB per channel, I just put the lights, darks and bias into DSS and watch it do its magic!

Thankyou. I like your work Gina (quick sideline....are you getting on with the 314L or would you want a bigger chip like the 383L in hindsight)?

I'm finding the 314L+ to be excellent :) Of course, a bigger chip would be nice but I'm quite happy with this compromise. I expect I shall upgrade later when I have saved up sufficient funds.

Archived