Hello All

I took out my scope tonight for the first time,,it's a 2nd hand 6se and was able to set it up grand since its my first time to do 1 of these,with advice from many good people here,,

When i was using Jupiter as 1 of the items and a star it worked and i was able to use the tour button to see if it was working and i found some amazing things that i could never find in a million years,all a big WOW moment, and the views of jupiters cloud bands and its moons,,i even 2xbarlowed a 6mm and could even see it but not as clear, i know i was probably pushing my luck,,,

But anyway my question is when i went to use the planet button all that came up on the screen was jupiter no other planets,,,is this because i used jupiter to align the scope up instead of just using stars,,, the hand set is celestron nexstar 6se,,

Every other function works on the keypad it's just jupiter in the solar tour,,

I looked through the menu and seen Factory Reset,,should i try and use that setting to see if it restores the whole set up,,,,

As this is 2nd there should be no other info put into it by the previous owner,,,

Thanks for any help

Greg

Could it be that Jupiter was the only planet visible at the time you were using the scope?

Pretty sure it will have been.

I have no experience of any goto systems so this is just a guess, not sure if that is how it works, but you won't have been able to see another planet tonight anyway.

Dan

I agree, Nexstar shows what's visible as default but you can change the setting to show all. Not sure why you'd want to to but it's there. I've just re-read it in the instructions and I quote;

" If you want to explore the entire object database, set the maximum altitude limit to 90⁰ and the minimum limit to -90⁰. This will display every object in the database lists regardless of whether it is visible in the sky from your location."

Hope that helps.

Dave

Thanks alot i thought it was something i done by using jupiter for aligning,,,

After seen some views through it, it kinda put a damper on it thinking all thats in the solar tour was jupiter,,

Just 1 more question,,after finding an object and i use the arrow buttons it doesn't make that much of a sound is that normal,,its like fine tuning,,

Greg

Hi Greg, after finding your target the nexstar will basically be in fine tune mode and so will only move slowly with less noise . If you want to speed up the slewing press the opposite button to the way you want to go and then at the same time press the way you want to go and the scope will move faster . Dont know if I explained that well .

Hello there,

I'm certainly no expert, but yes Jupiter has been the only planet visable during the mid-evening (other planets were visable late afternoon, early evening). I can view Saturn at c.1 am. There is a program called, 'Stellarium', which is free and absolutely fab which will detail what is in the sky and when.

Regards

Archived