Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first light with the 10"

Daniel-K

Yesterday I took delivery of the 10" dob. It had been clear blue allday so It was looking good for a session to try it out. The scope needed recollimating after it had cooled.by this time it was still light but Jupiter was out so I used the planet to align my telrad and finder scope. With the sky darkening I put an eyepiece in 15mm celestron plosll. Jupier was looking sharp with alot of banding visible. It was great too see the huge planet and its moon's again.

Auriga was high so a scan through the sky atlas and I was away with the telrad m36 m38 m37 alllooking great didnt manage to get the NGC next m38 the conditions weren't the best but the scope has good resolving power. A quick scan over perseus to the double cluster with the 38mm sw getting that in one eyepiece is fantastic the orange stars really give a great contrast boost against the blue stars of the cluster. M35 was next quite a big cluster but not to spead out got this in the 15mm great sight one I can tick off my list also got the open cluster cr89 which is next to it. By this time the conditions weredeteriorating fast at half 9 time to pack I had a good 2 hours

Dan

Archived