cool down

the sun is setting and the sky looks clear-ish, ive had my dob 200p since monday but not had a chance to use it, the temperature is dropping, im thinking about taking scope outside now to start to cool down? could it get too cold or will it be ok, i apologise for the stupid questions but i dont want to ruin it.

A cooling down scope cant really ever get too cold as it will come to a certain point in time where it is matching the outside ambient temp. Thats where you want it to be for the best views. The scope may form a thin layer or dew or even ice on it while in use on cold nights. Thats really nothing to worry too much about. There are ways to keep the scopes optics (mirrors or lens) a couple of degrees above the outside temp.

A 200mm Dob should take about 40-60 mins to cool down outside before its ready to use.

Archived