Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

philips pcvc675 ccd webcam

burger

I got lucky yesterday on ebay.

Was for sale at 99p buy it now advert said 99p starting bid, so think they did the advert wrong.

They have sent me the tracking number so on its way(thought they might try to back out of the sale)

just downloaded the manual and compared it to the 900 and cant really seem to see why the 900 is regarded as so much better, the lux level on the 657 is 1 and on the 900 <5 so would seem better suited.

Is it purely down to being able to be modded for longer exposures easier, I would not attempt it myself as would certainly break it, so not really a concern for me.

Anyway will post a comparison with the other webcams Ive got to see if the difference is really noticeable, my wife is starting to think I have a webcam fetish I think, I have a drawer full of them now in various stages of dismemberment.

Ordered 3 more xbox ones as well while they are still cheap.

just downloaded the manual and compared it to the 900 and cant really seem to see why the 900 is regarded as so much better, the lux level on the 657 is 1 and on the 900 <5 so would seem better suited.

The SPC900 is usually shown as <1 lux sensitivity. Both cameras use the ICX098 sensor, but the 657 is the AK version and the SPC900 the BQ version. The BQ is supposed to be more sensitive and I think less noisy/has fewer hot pixels.

James

Got a reply from philips and they say there are 3 versions of the 900 and the SPC900NC/27 had a CMOS sensor <5 lux the other 2 SPC900NC/00 SPC900NC/37 had CCD sensor <1 lux and thats why there are conflicting manuals available online.

But they are not sure which versions were available in the UK as some were just for US market.

Archived