NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium

Pig

My PA is really just a guess as I am still trying to workout how to PA when one does not have a view of Polaris, neither the western horizon or Meridian due to houses and trees.

Closest I can get currently is to use PHD on Eastern horizon to drift on AZ (I switch on the grid and centre on a known star that will be at 90deg Az then drift align)), then I manually point to the meridian and the lowest elevation I can get with is 25deg (coz my house sits right in my way) then wait for a known object to be directly on the meridian then centre the star in PHD Guide Cam and adjust the Alt bolts till it's centrered. That is as close as I get and 3 star alignment works ok and I can get at least 4 mins long exposure on my Canon 350D with out trailing.

Just download AstroTortilla to see if plate solving will work better.

Thank you guys :smiley:

I tend to get quite good results with 3 star align ( more or less in the centre these days) Hopefully Stellarium should be pretty good then,

I cant get the nexremote software to align at all. :embarassed:

Archived