NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BCO vs BST

Freef1nker

Hello everyone.

Following some excellent advice from the forums yesterday I have narrowed my search for upgrades to my current standard EPs on my 8" SW 200p down to BCO and BST.

Reading other posts it appears that the BST are better for FOV and the BCO for clarity.

As a complete amateur I'm really not sure which of these will suit my needs better(as I have nothing to compare against).

I guess the question I'm asking is, are either better suited to my scope?

Cheers,

Mark

I have a SW 150 & upgraded recently with a BST 8mm & was very impressed with the upgrade from the stock EPs, the moon was awesome, and I will be adding the 18mm & 25mm to my collection shortly, also sky's the limit give you exceptional customer service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Depends whether eye relief (how far your eye is away from the front lens, usually or at least) is a consideration or not. If it's not, then the BCOs will win, if it is, BSTs. To be honest, mixing and matching is a great idea, both FLO and Sky's the Limit allow you to try and return if you don't like it, so do that :).

Guys, thank you for the responses. As silly as it sounds mixing and matching hadn't even occurred to me, sounds like a great idea.

I had no idea FLO and STL let you return that easily, that is really useful information.

Thanks again.

Mark.

Guys, thank you for the responses. As silly as it sounds mixing and matching hadn't even occurred to me, sounds like a great idea.

I had no idea FLO and STL let you return that easily, that is really useful information.

Thanks again.

Mark.

Just give them both an email to confirm, but they should be fine with it, both FLO and STL are top retailers that I love talking to / dealing with, and if anything goes wrong they are brilliant. I borrowed an eyepiece from STL to review it in comparison to my other eyepieces, returned and refunded with no problems :).

Archived