Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

battle of the 127 maks

thats good news i've kinda agreed on it now,,

off thread but will a tal-110mm work on the goto mount, it's going to be for travelling to dark sites the goto mount..

and how easy will it be to manufacture something to change mounts on the tal pier to the eq3-2 mount,??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Celestron is exactly the same Mak as the Skywatcher one mate? But if you're lucky enough, I would get the Skywatcher, I know managed to get the Skywatcher with Schott glass and enchanced coatings, you can get them And I think they now do them with this better glass! I would cut to the chase and get a good EQ-5 mount instead which handle 10Kgs maxed out!

i've had an eq-5 and hated it, it was too big , maybe one day when my obs is built but money is too tight and so is storage..

off thread but will a tal-110mm work on the goto mount, it's going to be for travelling to dark sites the goto mount..

and how easy will it be to manufacture something to change mounts on the tal pier to the eq3-2 mount,??

Might be worth asking that one in a new thread. There are quite a few people with a Tal fetish who should be able to help :)

James

yes just double checked 5 kg for imaging and 7 kg for visual.

i am in contact with someone who is looking to exchange my c8 and all the kit for a celestron 127 slt goto system, so with the eq 3-2 an alt azimuth goto and a pier i can do almost anything i want lol...

i'm assuming the celestron 127 mak is simular spec to the skywatcher

Fair enough, yeah you'll be better off with the lighter ota :cool:

Archived