Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which telescope would compliment my AZ4 mounted Skymax 127?

Hello All,

Better nights lately and more time has drawn me back to my Mak 127 and short drives to the moors. Still haven't used my Skymax as much as have wanted. It is great on the planets and moon of course but despite my telrad for hunting and wider field with my 32mm ep, I struggle with DSOs. I have been wondering if a SW Startravel 120/150 might help me here and remain portable and comfortable - viewingwise - and sit on the AZ4. It would offer a wider field of view. Would there be another type of 'scope that I've missed?

Or........should I however, continue to explore more of the capabilities of my Skymax for now?

Any thoughts?

Tim

Thanks Steve,

That makes sense really. It takes time to know what to decide to hunt for and when. Weather is so cloudy here near Dartmoor that getting lots of use out of the mak is hard and I wonder if I'm missing something by not having a refractor! I do secretly love 'em though!

But I am very happy with my Skymax. I am desperate to see something new though.

Tim

Archived