Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sort of first light of upgraded scope (10" dob)

well, i finally managed a good 2 hr session with my 10" goto dog,could not do anymore as I have a bad cold what needs to be treated :).It took a while since i put the upgrade kit on but due to weather and work commitments i was unable to test it properly.I also managed to strip the base completely and re-grease,re-tighten and adjust everything to get rid of that dreaded squeak everyone on go-to suffers,so now its silent and smooth.updated firmware a few days ago and had a bit of a time to fish around for the 82 degree Eps.

so here we go:

1.tube base leveled and scope started up, inputted all the necessary data,did 2 star alignment and as i have read before i was thinking this aint going to be very accurate and boy how wrong i was!

2.Test run after alignment:target:Jupiter and guess what,it was dead center on 8.8mm Ep! Ok thats promising,after a good view on Jupiter ,next we moved on to Moon and did about 30 mins exploration of the surface of the moon with 4.7mm EP,absolutely stunning!Oldest one was thinking to find the American flag on the moon,well we didnt lol.

3.Now lets do the run for the money spent on this set up.Tour of the skies it is then!Obviously as my north side is blocked by house i am unable to see anything there but East>South>West is free as such i do have a wide sky piece to be explored.

I can not express my self how smacked i am at the moment siting in front of PC with a hot cup of tea and typing all this up.

I was pushing the scope to its max by not selecting targets next to each other but going from East over to West and so on and every single time it was dead spot on.tracking was perfect.

I am unable to list down everything i managed to see during these 2 hrs but a satellite passing through Orion Nebula was awesome, Beehive,X-mas tree ,M35,36,37,Andromeda,Bodes Nebulae and the list goes on! I had my wife and oldest son taking turns to see everything the skies had to offer.And thats keeping in mind i was observing from my back garden with relatively heavy polluted skies.Once I get my cold out of me,I am off to dark site and i think wifey have changed the mind of me getting a bigger scope too! :D

So all in all,this was absolutely the best session i have had so far and I am looking forward to more clear skies as Saturn,Mars are my next targets.

Clear skies everyone!

Archived