Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BBC reporting of story about Mercury

michaelmorris

No I didn't. Do tell.

The BBC presenter (John Kay) obviously read from the autocue a story about how NASA had made discoveries about the chemical composition of Mercury (http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21468172). All was okay until, at the end of the story, he seems to have decided to add to the piece by saying something like 'I presume they must had drilled into it or something'. :BangHead:

The examples of the script reading talking heads struggling to demonstrate the ability of intelligent, independent thought when away from their prepared dialogue continue to mount. Just the other day a BBC host struggled with the school science concept of water boiling point varying with pressure.

Though the pinnacle recently has to be the CNN host who asked if the Russian Meteor was due to global warming (look in the SGL non astro Lounge for a link to YouTube.

The BBC presenter (John Kay) obviously read from the autocue a story about how NASA had made discoveries about the chemical composition of Mercury (http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21468172). All was okay until, at the end of the story, he seems to have decided to add to the piece by saying something like 'I presume they must had drilled into it or something'. :BangHead:

The dumbing down of the modern media for our ever dumb society. It's quite worrying really! I did hear a report on BBC Radio 4 last night but no mention of "drilling". An expert from NASA was on, quite interesting. He was obliquely suggesting that Mercury was formed at a deeper position in the solar system, planetary drift? Perhaps Emmanuel Velikovsky was onto something.

Archived