Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meteors

MikeDay82

With the news mentioning the meteor airburst over Russia today, it stirred some thoughts. Obviously people are now questioning the funding cutbacks on the world wide space program, since NEO collisions are at the front of everyones mind. What I want to know is, has anyone on here had any odd experiences while observing meteors?

I know I did in 2006. Saw one meteor that left a long trail and seemed to burn with a very light green tinge to it. Anyone else with odd experiences?

I've seen two or three that were quite spectacular and there was one last year that quite a number of people here reported seeing, so they're not that uncommon. Not an everyday experience though. Their very nature however is that if you happen to be looking the wrong way at the time you could entirely miss something stunning.

James

Archived