Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Astrophotography Kit on the way, baby!!!

emadmoussa

I managed to save up a lump and now I’m ready to go astrophotography, baby!!!

I’ve just ordered the following:

1- Dual axis motor drive ( from Sherwoods Photo Ltd ) – it was the cheapest if we included the postage. Came at £93

2- 2 4xpacks of D size batteries to power up the motor for about £7 including shipping

3- Canon T-Ring £7.5 including shipping.

4- Canon EOS 1100D (brand new without kit came at £214.99 – the cheapest offer I found around). By the way, I’ve seen dumb bidders going higher than that for the same exact item. I’m not planning any camera modifications any time soon. Better get the hang of the whole business before taking the next step.

OK, no more stuff for me for at least 6 months or the wife will officially murder me :D . And let’s the astrophotography begin...

IM

Sounds like you got some nice kit coming your way.

Would you please post some updates as to how you get on? (Some pics would be nice too!).

I'm still in the saving the lump stage but love reading about the pictures that people have managed to produce.

Clear skies.

IM,

Thats pretty much the exact spec as my kit. Though, I did install the Synscan upgrade rather than the motor kit as I thought it would be easier with all the light pollution here. You will get so much more out of your scope with the new kit.

People usually recommend a book, making every photon count.

Have you seen the following link, same scope, better mount, a modded webcam, and a great deal of experience, but it shows what the 200P is capable of doing.

Good luck

Ian

Sounds like you got some nice kit coming your way.

Would you please post some updates as to how you get on? (Some pics would be nice too!).

I'm still in the saving the lump stage but love reading about the pictures that people have managed to produce.

Clear skies.

Sure will do, buddy.

IM,

Thats pretty much the exact spec as my kit. Though, I did install the Synscan upgrade rather than the motor kit as I thought it would be easier with all the light pollution here. You will get so much more out of your scope with the new kit.

People usually recommend a book, making every photon count.

Have you seen the following link, same scope, better mount, a modded webcam, and a great deal of experience, but it shows what the 200P is capable of doing.

Good luck

Ian

This is a brilliant video. I have doubts though you can get even similar images with a modded webcam. Webcams, even the Philips, don't have such light gathering and exposure capabilities. I do use a modded Xbox webcam and it's not even near good when it comes to DSO . In fact, it's very difficult to get it show even a single star :D...it can do OK with planetary and lunar imaging, but not excellent. The major reason I'm upgrading is to photograph deep sky objects :) Will keep you all updated on how things go.

Archived