NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I need a power supply for motor...HELP?

emadmoussa

Hola,

I'm not quite the electrician - Is there a good/safe power adaptor for my EQ5 dual axis motor that I can plug into the house mains, and simply ditch the batteries???

(I'm after one that won't burn up the motor board - I've got a history of such burn-ups different gadgets ..duh :( )

Thanks!!

IM

I think what you're after is a 6V (preferably regulated) supply capable of supplying around 1A. The power connector itself should be centre-positive and I believe the internal dimension of the connector should be 2.1mm. I can't recall the external size. I'll check both if I can find my vernier calipers.

James

FWIW, I keep a selection of "wall-wart" transformers from dead electrical kit to use whenever I'm after something like this. Many of them are unregulated though, so it's wise to check the actual voltage before assuming what appears on the label is actually how it performs.

James

Archived