Skywatcher EQ5 Goto Synscan Upgrade Kit Motor Problem

Hello all,

I just installed my skywatcher EQ5 Goto Synscan upgrade kit but when i press the arrows on the hand controllers, the motors dont seem to move as they should. It's almost as if something is keeping them from moving as they should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Sorry to hear ur trouble, if u post a picture or describe the situation it'll help people to give advice - first of all have you followed the how-to that is posted earlier in this thread? and if so, did u get the cogs the right way?

I noticed a problem with getting the amps and volts exactly right else it doesnt work properly, what is your power source?

Hope u find a solution soon.

Regards

Aenima

Ok thanks that helped. Well I proceeded to attempt an alignment after aligning polar scope with polaris and entering coordinates, date, time etc. The only thing when it finished aligning the first start, it wasn't even close to it. Also when using the goto synscan do I have to have the 2 levers that lock the movement of the telescope locked or loose? Thanks.

Alignment can be a nightmare. Don't worry, my first star is always miles off, just persevere with your second star. When I first started it took a number of attempts to get it right but it will click in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't give up believe me. Another thing I noticed is that while just testing motor movement with both weights on, the motor sometimes quit moving due to the wights. I took them off and tried it again and then i got full range of motion. I gues my question is, Do both weights have to be mounted on?

I won't give up believe me. Another thing I noticed is that while just testing motor movement with both weights on, the motor sometimes quit moving due to the wights. I took them off and tried it again and then i got full range of motion. I gues my question is, Do both weights have to be mounted on?

The weights are used to counterbalance the weight of the telescope. If you try to operate the mount with the weights attached but no telescope the moun will be unbalanced and excessive load put on the motors.

The weights are used to counterbalance the weight of the telescope. If you try to operate the mount with the weights attached but no telescope the moun will be unbalanced and excessive load put on the motors.

Yeh as above, are you balancing the scope during setup?? Checkout

video for the fullsetup process

Archived