Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do you store your Heritage 130p?

Hi all,

I've had my Heritage 130 a while now, it's been stored and transported in it's original cardboard box but now the box is falling to pieces (it's already approx. 50% gaffa tape!)

Have any of you Heritage owners come up with your own storage/transport idea?

I'm thinking of getting one of those big 'unbreakable' plastic storage boxes and filling it with the grey foam you can get for camera cases etc. and making a big hole to fit the OTA and mount together (along with a smaller slot for my EP case). I really want to keep it a 'one box' solution to preserve the excellent grab-and-go aspect of the scope.

Before I go down this route I just wanted to see if anyone else had a neater/cheaper way?!

Thanks in advance,

Craig

I just keep it outside of the box and take it out into the garden, as for transportation, I am working on modding a large holdall so I can walk with it around my shoulder. Haven't done much recently as I've got a lot of Uni work, but from mid-April I will be able to concentrate on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you for the ideas...

... I went with a large sports holdall which I've had hiding at the back of a wardrobe for years! I lined the main compartment with half-inch foam and keep the OTA and mount head in there (I now have a steel legged AZ4). My EPs and various other paraphernalia go in the side pockets and the tripod is strapped across the top of the bag.

Whole thing probably weighs about 10kg and can be carried comfortably with the shoulder strap. Best thing is that it's all cost me nothing! Love it you find something you stashed away ages ago and put it to good use.

Craig

I find I'm just carrying mine by hand. I kept the foam from under to the OTA, and I've cut it close to the base, so I just move the OTA the dovetail to the foam on the base, tighten it up, and use the grab handle on the base.

Archived