Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrade from SW 130PM to SW 150PDS ?

Hello

I currently have a sky-watcher 130pm and was originally wanting to upgrade to a SW200PDS, but having researched the 200pds the physical size of it, would be probably too big for the storage / keeping when not in use. (the SW130PM is currently set up in the back room ready to carry out into the Garden)

My question is, would upgrading to the SW 150PDS (on a better mount) give me sufficient of an upgrade (noticeable viewing optically) than keeping my SW130PM and then when "space allows" (could be 5 years) upgrading direct to the SW200PDS

or is there a better none Sky watcher option but physically smaller than the SW200PDS available

I look forward to hearing your feedback

Kev

The 200p/EQ5 is BIG, this is it next to my 130m

post-26695-0-95730500-1358524713_thumb.p I tend to break it down each night & with the tube stored on its end it doesnt take up that much room, once you get used to it, its quite quick to take it outside in 3 parts & have it set up & ready in 10mins. I've no experience with the 150p/EQ2-3, but I do know that theres a big leap in the visuals from the 130 to the 200.

Steve

Also may I add if its just for visual the 200pds on a EQ5 is at its limits so if you decide that you want to do imaging you will need to upgrade the mount to a HEQ5 or a EQ6.

Also if just for visual there is no point paying the extra £'s for the PDS as you might as well just get the 200p?

The 150PDS on a EQ5 mount is well within the mounts limits so if you want to do imaging in the future you can with out the outlay for a heq5 mount.

I love my 150pds and hopefully soon I will be using it for imaging.

Archived