Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fieldmaster 10x50's - Strange light

Hello

I've just bought some of these binos and in the main they seem nice. I do have a couple of issues though. Firstly I sometimes get a floating light in the view along with the stars. It's almost like having a rogue star moving erratically as I look around.

Secondly, I'm having trouble getting one clean view. Is this normal or is there always some apparent separation to be expected?

And lastly, any tips for keeping the Binos rock steady when viewing. They can move around a little which makes things look a little out of focus (which they could be, it's hard to know when things don't say completely still).

Thanks in advance

James

Your "floating light" could be a ghost image - not a lot you can do about it apart from not look at bright objects.

When you say you can't get "one clean view", do you mean that everything is doubled, i.e. slightly different view in each side? If so, it is out of collimation; if it's new, send it back.

To keep it steady, either mount it (e.g. monopod), support your elbows (e.g. on car roof, wall, or slump in a recliner so the arm-rests can support them), or hold it in a more ergonomically efficient way (see http://binocularsky.com/binoc_hold.php and http://binocularsky.com/binoc_mount.php for some hints).

Thanks for the reply.

It's not that there's two of everything it's just that I get two circular views (one for each eye) and even when moving the lenses apart it never quite seems to resolve in to what could be called one field of view, it's still apparent that I'm looking through two barrels.

James

It's not that there's two of everything it's just that I get two circular views (one for each eye) and even when moving the lenses apart it never quite seems to resolve in to what could be called one field of view, it's still apparent that I'm looking through two barrels.
Ah. TO merge the two, you need to move the barrels closer together! :grin:

Hi James

Is this your first pair of binoculars ?

are you aware that the eyepieces on the left hand side turns or in some cases the right ?

in some cases the black coating on the inside gets missed and you could be getting a reflection due to this

it my be worth speaking to the person you puchased them from

clear skies

I've had a closer look at the binos and it has raised one more question. When I look down the objective lens end, I can see that the tube from this lens to the middle is solidly black. However, the two tubes that go from the eyepieces seem to be grey/white with what look like a spatter of black paint. Is this normal?

Archived