NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Don't get excited - the sun in Ha 7-2-13

DrRobin

Hi,

The sun has been teasing me all day, it started off looking promising (there was sun through cloud at home before I left for work) and we had some nice short spells this morning, but they never amounted to very much. Yet, more gaps came across this afternoon so with my Lunt set up in the office next door, I caught 180 frames through the glass window and cloud, the results aren't very good, but at least I got something.

I missed the big prom that is showing on Gong, shame.

post-10602-0-59347100-1360253768_thumb.j post-10602-0-60204900-1360253777_thumb.j

The dark band is cloud.

Thanks Mark,

I tried setting around 1/60th sec exposure and then adjusted the gain to set around 95% on the histogram. It was relatively easy to get the gain down to minimum and then start adjusting the exposure time, so next time it is clear I reckon I should be able to get a fast enough exposure with minimum gain.

Robin

Thanks Alexandra,

Weekend weather seems to do that, it snowed at my house last night.

It is supposed to be clear at times here this afternoon and although there were a few brief clear patches this morning it is pretty overcast now. Still my Lunt is sat in the car ready as I see that the big prom is still visible on Gong.

Maybe another hour and we will get a clear patch, judging by the satellite?

Archived