Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZ4 extension, dimensions for DIY?

Corpze

Yep! But for a skywatcher AZ4, i have a 100mm steelpipe i want to use for the pier extension but i don´t know how to design the bottom and top-plate and i can´t meassure the mount because i have't recieved it yet (up to a month shippment-time from today according to AstroSweden)

Bear with me for a couple of days - I've just bought one from one of the guys on here. When it arrives I'll get in touch with some measurements, and I'll send you some high res pics as well. Should be here by the end of the week.

Jon

Okay, I will explain it's makeup.

A plate on the bottom with a hole for taking the bolt from the tripod.

Three holes around the side of the tube that matches up with three in the bottom plate, these take bolts which hold the tube to the bottom plate.

A top plate similar to the bottom which takes a bolt for attaching the plate to the mount and also three holes again to attach the top plate with mount to attach to the tube.

You will have to work out your own diamensions from the the size of your tube.

Jim

Thanks, thats why i created this thred, i don´t have the hole-diameters of the AZ4 :)

Send me your email address by PM and I'll let you have some pics with precise measurements. If you're reasonably skillful at metalworking it should be possible to make one quite easily at a fraction of the cost.

Archived